Chimney fire reported in Antrim

Staff Writer
Echo Pilot

The Franklin County Department of Emergency Services reported that Greencastle Rescue Hose Company responded to a fire at 655 Williamson Road at 10:06 p.m. Feb. 11.

RHC fire chief Kevin Barnes said the dwelling fire was contained to a chimney and a pipe attached to a woodburning appliance. Firefighters emptied the fire box, removed material from the chimney and monitored temperatures to make sure the fire did not spread. The scene was cleared in 40 minutes. Marion, New Franklin and Station 4 also responded to the call.