Fire guts mobile home
A mobile home at 8089 Talhelm Road was destroyed by fire Saturday afternoon. Residents Mandy Hammond and Michael Stitely were not home at the time, but their dog perished. Greencastle Rescue Hose Company was called at 3:13 p.m. and was assisted by Marion, New Franklin, Franklin Station No. 4 and the Franklin County Air Unit. RHC assistant chief Mike Luger said the fire started after the wind picked up embers from a burn barrel, and ignited grass or leaves. The couple did not have renters insurance. Fire crews were on the scene for two hours.