Teen boys charged in Greencastle-Antrim High School bomb threats
Two teen boys have been charged with making several bomb threats at the Greencastle-Antrim High School last week.
Greencastle Police issued a news release Monday evening that said a 17-year-old male and a 16-year-old male face juvenile charges in connection with three bomb threat at the school between Nov. 18 and 22.
One of those on Thursday, Nov. 18 resulted in the evacuation of students and faculty from the building for about 45 minutes. Police at that time called the incident a “safety threat,” while the police scanner dispatched it as a bomb threat. Police reported that a written threat, found in a student restroom, was being considered “unrealistic due to the nature of the message and questionable reports as to the time and date the message was originally written.” Police at that time said local law enforcement and school administration worked together in an effort to ensure the safety of all students while continuing the educational process.
Police said on the other two occasions a suspect was identified and the threat was discredited.
Police credited “swift and thorough actions” by the administrative staff of the high school for the progress of their investigations.