Fall leaf collection underway in Greencastle
The Borough of Greencastle's 2022 leaf collection program is now underway.
Planned at Jerome R. King Playground:Let’s dink! Pickleball fundraiser is more than halfway there
Hosted by Greencastle police:Fish with a Cop creates connections with kids
Leaves are collected by public works staff using a quadrant map of the borough. The schedule is:
Monday: Northwest quadrant, including North Washington Street, East Walter Avenue and West Baltimore Street
Tuesday: Northeast quadrant
Wednesday: Southeast quadrant, including South Washington and East Baltimore streets
Thursday: Southwest quadrant
Leaf collection details
- Leaves must be piled on the curb, away from light poles, mailboxes, vehicles or any impediment to the collection truck.
- Leaves should not be placed in or near open storm drains.
- Leaves should not be bagged or otherwise contained.
- No tree limbs, logs or other yard waste will be accepted.
- Children and animals are not to play in the leaf piles once they are collected.
- If it rains, collection may be canceled and will proceed on the next scheduled pickup day.
The collection program will end once its determined leaves are no longer falling.