Greencastle-Antrim actors return to the stage with 'The Magical Lamp of Aladdin'
The curtain will go up on a Greencastle-Antrim High School Drama Club production for the first time in three years this weekend.
The ensemble will present "The Magical Lamp of Aladdin" at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, April 8 and 9, in the auditorium.
The last performance by G-AHS actors was "Legally Blonde the Musical" in 2019. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, “Annie” was canceled in 2020 and no play was planned in 2021.
“The Greencastle-Antrim High School Drama Club is proud to be back on stage after a two-year hiatus,” a message in this year’s program says. “It has been a tough time for all, but we managed to get through with a smile on our faces. We hope you enjoy our show this evening and we look forward to entertaining you for many years to come. Thank you so much for your continued support of our student actors.”
On tap:Craft Beer and Wine Festival will be back in Greencastle after COVID-19 absence
In the community and beyond:Chambersburg man fosters relationship between Greencastles in Pennsylvania and Ireland
Tickets, available only at the door, are $10 for adults and $8 for students, senior citizens and members of the military.
About ‘The Magical Lamp of Aladdin'
"The classic story of Aladdin, his monkey sidekick Alakazam and the beautiful Princess Jasmine never fails to entertain young audiences," according to Kevin Carley, producer and director.
"Evil magician Jammal tries to trick Aladdin in a malicious scheme to acquire a magical lamp containing a wish-granting genie, but Aladdin tricks Jammal and claims the magic lamp for himself, using its power to win the princess and impress the Sultan," Carley continued. "But through another wicked ploy, Jammal regains possession of the lamp and kidnaps Jasmine. To set things right, Aladdin must face Chop-Chop, the merciless executioner. At last, Aladdin and Jasmine are reunited, and Jammal is transformed into a new person."
Carley leads a cast that features:
- Lilly Basalik - Genie of the Jewels
- Abigail Burkett - Sheba, Serving Maid to the Princess
- Jillian Carley - Princess Jasmine
- Lashia Galloway - Genie of the Ring
- Raya Grove - Neighbor
- Kayla Heinrichs - Halima, Wicked Sister of Jammal
- Sean Heinrichs - Ali Bubba, Cousin of Sultana
- Sean Heinrichs - The Dragon of the Cave
- Maddie Kline - Neela, Sister of Aladdin
- Derek Latta - Jammal, The Evil Magician
- Lillian Leckron - Genie of the Lamp
- Scott MacIntyre - Aladdin
- Shavani Maharaj - Queen Sultana
- Shavari Maharaj - Storyteller
- Isaiah Owolabi - Sultan, Ruler of Shammar
- Brady Richards - Chop Chop, The Royal Executioner
- Annika Rife - Mother of Aladdin
- Grace Rowan – Zara, Serving Maid to the Princess
- Elijah Strausbaugh - Alakazam, Aladdin’s Monkey
- Keyleigh Wik - Merchant Woman
- Behind-the-scenes support includes:
- Sound and Light Director - Austin Stoler
- Stage Crew - Ella Crown, Savanna Byers, Mattson Lucabaugh
- Tech Crew - Damien Dennis, Joe Paci, Dilan Yost