A fire that broke out Monday morning in the 500 block of Meadowview Circle, Greencastle was quickly brought under control.

Fire crews from nine companies, including Maryland companies Maugansville Goodwill Volunteer Fire Company and Long Meadow Volunteer Fire Company, responded to the 7 a.m. fire at 518 Meadowview Circle.

According to Cpt. Tyler Myers of Rescue Hose Company No 1., the homeowners awoke to find their bathroom lights weren't working. Further investigation discovered the walls were hot to touch and fire was coming through a light fixture.

"From what it looks like, we're 99 percent sure it was an electrical fire," Myers said.

Fire crews struggled to get access into the attic, finally cutting a hole in the roof. "Once we got access, it wasn't too hard to get the fire out quickly," Myers said.

The homeowners got out safely and no emergency services responders were injured.

Damage to the brick rancher was confined to the bathroom and attic, Myers said. No damage estimate was available Monday morning.

Contact Andrea Rose at arose@therecordherald.com or 717-762-2151 or on Twitter @AndreaCiccociop.